Senior Director of Programs
Centro Campesino in South Florida · Florida City, FL · Posted on April 20
“Centro Campesino is a Community Development Corporation that strengthens families by providing affordable housing, homeownership support, economic advancement, and educational opportunities.”
Centro Campesino was formed in 1972 as a farmworker advocacy organization in response to the deplorable living conditions of farmworkers and other low-income families in South Florida. For over 44 years, Centro Campesino has developed and strengthened the skill sets and confidence of new homeowners and youth & community residents, so that they may build assets/wealth, advance their education, and actively participate in the American Dream. Today, Centro Campesino’s lines of business are housing development, homeownership solutions, property management, education/workforce development, and community revitalization/leadership development in Central and South Florida.
The Senior Director of Programs provides critical leadership in the key areas of strategic planning and development, program delivery and agency impact, and quality assurance. The SDP is a mission-focused, strategic, and process-minded leader responsible for assessing and ensuring capabilities, organizing and securing resources, and working with the Core Directors and the Chief Financial Officer, among others, to ensure programming growth, sustainability, quality, impact, and compliance.
The SDP develops ideas and analyzes data while supporting a strong, engaged, and healthy culture, focused on achieving strategic initiatives.
Along with staff Directors, the Executive Director and Board, the SDP creates and tracks the Agency’s strategic direction and outcomes, conceptualizing, strategizing, identifying, and implementing ideas that support growth and opportunity, while supporting and developing relationships with local, state, regional and national organizations, and volunteers.
The incumbent is expected to champion Centro Campesino’s culture and organizational values, representing the Agency positively internally and to the community, interpreting Agency services to other agencies and public groups.
The SDP serve as a member of the senior leadership team. The SDP assists the Executive Director in the strategic growth of the organization through a disciplined, integrated planning approach that ensures quality programs and services, innovation, strengthened capacity, and operational effectiveness. The SDP works across all domains of the organization to provide the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure the organization has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operational efficiency. The SDP serve as key staff liaisons to Board Committees, attend Centro Campesino’s board meetings, and provide seamless support across all operational areas within the organization.
Job Duties include:
Strategic Planning and Fiscal Management:
- Translate Agency’s strategic plan into operational action plans and lead execution and monitoring of those action plans between major strategic planning cycles.
- Demonstrate responsible fiduciary and fiscal decision making.
- Actively plans and secure resources to support programs and to advance the organization.
- Serve as staff liaison to Strategic Planning Committee and the Program Committee of the Board; in collaboration with Committee Chairs and Executive Director, advance Committee agenda by driving content, priorities, and initiatives; participate in Committee and full Board meetings.
- Participate in the leadership of the Agency with shared responsibility for its overall strategic direction, growth, fiscal stewardship, and employee wellbeing.
- Recruit, develop and retain the very best talent for the organization; grow staff capacity in critical skill and competency areas, providing coaching and other support as needed, operating from a succession planning mindset.
- Establish and cultivate relationships and partnerships with key government, community, and business entities.
- Oversight of Centro Campesino’s key programs including education and economic empowerment initiatives, workforce development, and, Homeownership Solutions.
- Ensure effective and efficient program service delivery to the community, including accountability for Agency’s continuous quality improvement, program risk assessment and compliance, and overall impact measurement and analysis.
- Lead process of evaluating programming on an ongoing basis to maximize service impact and determine need for and development of new programs.
- Oversee research, data analytics, and evaluation to demonstrate social impact of Agency services, ensuring continuous quality improvement and accountability to all constituencies.
Education and experience required:
- Advanced Degree Preferred, Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with at least 6-8 years in progressive leadership positions.
- Direct knowledge of and experience in at least two of Centro Campesino’s key Lines of Business: housing development, homeownership solutions, property management, education/workforce development, and community revitalization/leadership development.
- Demonstrated experience in the community-based or nonprofit field, and familiarity with the common organizational challenges faced by nonprofits.
- Proven successful experience in preparing grant funded applications (at least two years).
- Track record of incorporating analytical, strategic, and innovative thinking to drive conversations, strategies, and initiatives forward.
- Track record of effectively managing a complex array of programs with the ability to leverage strengths across program areas.
- Analytic and decisive decision making with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals; experience using performance metrics and tools to measure results.
- Experience with budget processes, setting budget priorities, and fiscal management.
- Fluency in quantitative reporting and analysis of data
- Ability to manage multiple duties and responsibilities
- Excellent oral and written communication and problem solving skills
- Willingness to occasionally work late evenings and/or weekends.
- Willingness to travel to occasionally in state and out of state.
- Successful completion of background checks required upon hire.
Centro Campesino is committed to providing a comprehensive, competitive and cost-effective benefits package that promotes a culture of employee well-being. The benefits package, includes company-paid health insurance, sick and annual leave, life insurance and long-term disability insurance and 403b retirement account program with company contribution after 1 year of employment. An employee-paid dental insurance policy is also available.
To be considered, submit a letter of interest and a resume by May 17 to VNesmith@ccfcfl.org.