Housing Policy Analyst
Community Service Society · New York, NY · Posted on March 28
Job Title: Housing Policy Analyst Date of Announcement: March 28, 2017 Reports to: Victor Bach, Senior Housing Policy Analyst Based in: Community Service Society, New York City
The Community Service Society (CSS) is seeking a Housing Policy Analyst to conduct research and advocacy on affordable housing issues in New York City. CSS is a leading anti-poverty organization, dedicated to improving conditions and opportunities for low-income New Yorkers. (www.cssny.org) The analyst will join a strong policy department team working in several other areas, including mass transit, youth and employment, and economic development. In addition, CSS conducts the annual Unheard Third Survey of Low-Income New Yorkers.
- Help develop the organization’s ongoing housing policy and advocacy agenda.
- Design and conduct research, prepare reports to further CSS affordable housing priorities.
- Represent the organization in coalitions, public forums, and with the media.
- Provide technical assistance to resident and community-based organizations.
- Lobby public officials and key stakeholders to promote CSS policy positions.
- Develop and carry out appropriate advocacy strategies.
- Master’s Degree in public policy, urban planning, economics, or related field. Ph.D. preferred.
- Familiarity with major housing and community development issues in New York City, as well as related social policies.
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills, proficiency with SPSS or Stata software systems, as well as GIS mapping.
- Demonstrated written and oral communications skills.
- Experience working in nonprofit, mission-driven, or public policy contexts.
- Familiarity with and ability or work with resident organizations, community networks, and policy makers.
Salary: Depending on qualifications and experience.
How to Apply:
Send resume, cover letter, and writing sample to:
Community Service Society of New York—PRA-2
Human Resources Department
633 Third Avenue, 10th floor
New York, NY 10017