Program-Related Investments Senior Analyst
The California Endowment · Los Angeles, CA · Posted on February 15
Position: Program-Related Investments (PRI) Senior Analyst
The California Endowment has a $100MM commitment to use Program-Related Investments as its primary impact investing tool to support its mission of “health and justice for all.” The PRI Analyst position has substantial responsibility on a small and entrepreneurial team that leads this impact investing activity at The California Endowment (TCE).
At TCE, we use our PRI capital to fill financing gaps, address market failures and promote innovative ideas that affect the health and wellbeing of vulnerable populations and low-to-moderate-income communities in California. Sample PRIs include a portfolio of loans supporting community health centers, increasing access to healthcare for all populations, and loans providing economic opportunity for small business owners and low-income populations.
This is an exciting and ideal position for an individual that wants to build an impact investing career. This position reports to the Director, Program-Related Investments.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for portfolio management and monitoring of PRIs (e.g., borrower relationship management, covenant compliance, waivers, etc.)
- Performing due diligence, structuring and closing of PRIs
- Business development through internal partnerships and external outreach
- Representing TCE and the PRI team in the broader impact investing field
- Partnering with finance and operations staff on loan management and other operational functions
- Preparing board materials including financial and social performance reporting and exposure analysis
- Experienced in underwriting financial transactions, including analyzing financial statements, understanding of accounting principles and evaluating organizational and management strength
- Familiarity with capital markets and/or impact investing and community development
- Ability to collaborate effectively across diverse departments and organizations to drive business results
- Above average written and oral communication skills; effective in formal and informal presentation settings
- Results and detail oriented; demonstrated ability to establish and achieve goals with rigor
- Strong business acumen in working with diverse constituencies
- Ability to travel and work independently as a team partner
- Undergraduate Business degree or related degree.
- Four to five years of experience in investments or related field.
- MBA a plus.
About The California Endowment
The California Endowment, a private, statewide health foundation, was established in 1996 to expand access to affordable, quality health care for underserved individuals and communities, and to promote fundamental improvements in the health status of all Californians. Headquartered in downtown Los Angeles, The Endowment has regional offices in Sacramento, Oakland, Fresno and San Diego, with program staff working throughout the state. The Endowment challenges the conventional wisdom that medical settings and individual choices are solely responsible for people’s health. The Endowment believes that health happens in neighborhoods, schools, and with prevention. For more information, visit The Endowment’s Web site at www.calendow.org
Please log on to our online application system.