Home City Housing Development LLC · Springfield, MA · Posted on January 30
PROJECT MANAGER SOUGHT
Home City Housing Development LLC (Home City Housing) seeks a real estate project manager, to develop affordable housing and neighborhood improvement projects in Springfield (MA) and surrounding communities.
The Organization and Its Programs
Home City Housing develops and operates multi-family rental properties and supports community residents in the Greater Springfield area. Home City began in 1968 and continues today to:
• Restore or replace substandard housing with a supply of decent, affordable and well-managed housing for individuals and families, and
• Assist in the improvement of neighborhoods in partnership with residents, lenders and others who have a stake in the community.
Home City Housing seeks to improve the housing stock in greater Springfield, while serving the needs of vulnerable populations. We engage community residents in program activities to support workforce readiness, youth development and financial independence. We assist residents to access services such as fuel assistance, mediation, and case management.
Real Estate Development at Home City Housing Development Corporation
We own 423 units in Springfield and Northampton. We partner with Housing Management Resources Inc. to manage our properties.
We have an active pipeline of projects, including the substantial renovation of 75 units of affordable housing and the construction of a new community center in the Bay neighborhood of Springfield. We have been awarded funding to begin construction on another 61 units this Fall. We are seeks funds to renovate an 104 unit Single Room Occupancy (SRO) property. Other projects in the initial planning stages include development of live/work space in downtown warehouse space, among others.
The Project Manager
The Project Manager will work closely with the Executive Director, consultants, property managers and other Home City Housing staff to complete new projects, develop a project pipeline and ensure the stability of our existing portfolio of properties.
Responsibilities will include:
- Analyze project financial feasibility and evaluate ongoing project financial performance
- Develop business including responding to Requests for Proposals and for Qualifications
- Research and evaluate various local, state and national affordable housing and related programs, and prepare applications for funding
- Represent Home City Housing with city officials, non-profit clients and other decision makers, providing strategic guidance to key partners on development issues as requested
- Manage and coordinate design, development and finance related work during project pre-development and construction
- Manage projects through completion, to include quality-control, schedules, and requisitions
- Develop and monitor project schedules, using industry scheduling software, such as Microsoft Project
- Review architectural and construction documents
- Review legal documents, including partnership and consultant agreements, to ensure that key business terms are captured
- Work on assigned administrative and organizational project tasks
- Manage and advise part and/or full-time interns
- Perform other duties as needed and as assigned
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate is committed to our mission, hard-working, and interested in growing their own development skills and experience. They have a deep respect for and understanding of the difficulties that the poorest of our community face and a deep desire to help them succeed, as well as many of the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Business, Urban Planning, Architecture, or related field
- At least 2-3 years of experience working in real estate development, community development or closely related work
- Real estate transactional experience and understanding of affordable housing finance programs and applications in Massachusetts, including the Massachusetts One Stop strongly preferred
- Strong financial and analytical skills, including experience with financial modeling
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to organize people, files, tasks and other elements of complex projects
- Familiarity with non-profits and with city government, and skill navigating complex organizations Able to assemble, correlate and analyze facts, to creatively conceptualize and implement customized solutions to problems, and to prepare concise summaries
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, Project and Word
The Selection Process
Please submit a cover letter, detailing your qualifications for this position and your salary requirements, along with a resume to: Ann L Silverman Consulting, HomeCityProjectManager@gmail.com. No phone calls or letters please.
Applications will be reviewed and acknowledged as they are received. Home City Housing seeks to fill this position by spring 2017, if not sooner.
Home City Housing is an equal opportunity employer.